How to Have Adrenal Surgery with Dr Carling at the Carling Adrenal Center in Tampa, FloridaAdrenal surgery can be difficult and challenging. Because of the demand for our expertise in mini-adrenal surgery and our exceptional results, we perform more adrenal surgery than any hospital or university in the world. More than half of our adrenal surgery patients live outside of the state of Florida. Our system allows patients to have their adrenal disease and adrenal tumor evaluated before taking the trip to Tampa, so you make one trip here and have only one visit with us to cure your problem. Dr Carling and his very experienced team make adrenal surgery routine, safe, and successful. This page will tell you how to have your operation with us, what it costs, and how the process works. You will be amazed at how efficient the system is.
We anticipate no operations for the month of April. We will continue to reassess the global, national, and local situation to see if this shutdown could be shortened, or should be extended. These are difficult decisions but we are acting following deep consideration and a twice-daily analysis of data. Our patients very much want their tumors to be removed, but at some point the risk of exposure of our patients as well as our care providers begins to outweigh the benefits that each patient obtains through these operations. Patients with cancer will be assessed on an individual basis and often these cases can be operated upon now.
NEW PATIENTS: It typically takes a week or two for new patients into our system to get their records sent to us and have a consultation and then be scheduled for surgery--so this process for new patients continues unchanged. We will simply book your operation when it is appropriate -- and safe -- for you and everybody here at the hospital. Remember If you have an adrenal tumor then you need to have it removed surgically. We are the best in the world and we will perform your operation as soon as we can. So let's get the process going for you now and review your records and get you scheduled for surgery. We will get past this virus situation and we will take great care of you! Our team is praying that you and your family stay healthy. We will see you soon!
This page will walk you through the process of how to be our patient in 4 steps:
- Understand what makes our practice unique and our reputation as the best adrenal surgeons in the world.
- Understand our fees. We take almost all insurance for the operation, but some patients chose to pay for a Second Opinion Online Consultation ahead of time.
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Fill out our secure, encrypted, new-patient form for new adrenal patients.
- Obtain a medical opinion, consultation, and treatment recommendation with Dr Carling, and then get to Tampa for your operation.
The Carling Adrenal Center is the world's leading adrenal surgery centerYou will be treated by the most experienced adrenal surgeons and the most experienced team dedicated to adrenal surgery. This experience gives our center unparalleled results. Historically, over 99% of all patients are cured at their very first visit with us--with over 90 percent having an operation that routinely takes between 20 and 45 minutes. Don't let the fact that we perform so many adrenal surgeries make you think that we don't treat our patients well. We do! In fact, every patient is given Dr Carling's cell phone number (and the other doctors too) so they have access to them if the need arises. We don't have an answering service. Importantly, we do not have students or surgery residents perform any parathyroid operation. Click Here to read more about Dr Carling. Nobody in the world performs more adrenal surgery than him, and we're pretty sure there is nothing about adrenal disease and adrenal surgery he has not seen.
We Help Arrange Everything Except the TravelWe provide the safest and most successful adrenal operation available anywhere in the world which is why we have hundreds of 5-star reviews and testimonials from hundreds of patients who had adrenal surgery with Dr Carling, including many physicians who traveled to have surgery with him. We will help arrange all aspects of the trip except the travel. Typically a patient can fly to Tampa, have their adrenal operation, and return home in the same time that he/she would be in the hospital if a standard adrenal operation was performed in their home town. Nearly all of our patients go home the same day of their adrenal operation or the very next morning.
We Communicate Directly with Your Doctors and EndocrinologistWe know many of the endocrinologists in the US, and most of them know Dr Carling. We are happy to chat with your doctors prior to you making your trip here for surgery, and we ALWAYS communicate with your doctors after your operation so they know exactly what is going on. They will get all of your written reports within a few days.
The Best Adrenal Surgeon and the Most Experienced Adrenal Surgeon in the World
STATISTICS FOR OUR PAST 1500 ADRENAL OPERATIONS*
- First adrenal operation cure rate - Non-Cancer: 99.5%
- Average operative time for Mini-Back Scope Adrenalectomy (the Mini-PRSA) - 35 minutes (total time from first cut to band-aid)
- Average number of adrenal operations performed every week - 4.5
- How often we use doctors in training (anesthesiology residents) to help with your anesthesia - never.
- How often we have doctors in training (surgery residents) do part or all of your operation - never.
- How often we operate on people over 80 years of age - about every 2 weeks.
- Number of states patients come from - 50 (about 60% of patients are from outside Florida).
- How often we operate on patients from Europe - every week.
- How often we operate on patients from Canada - every week.
- How many publications in major medical journals about adrenal disease and surgery - over 120.
- How often Dr Carling operates on a doctor or nurse - several times per week (they know!).
How to Have Adrenal Surgery with Dr Carling at the Carling Adrenal Center in Tampa, Florida